Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Empty nest again..





Well my niece and her kids went home yesterday after a long week visit. You forget what it takes to keep a 7 and 10 year old occuppied. But they made it home safe. And today my oldest daughter Pepper went home. It didn't even seem like she was here, it was such a quick visit. And the weather wasn't that great for her. It was like she brought the rain with her.
On Sunday we went to the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC. That was so awesome. It is hard to believe that it was built around 1890. It was totally amazing and took all day to see. I would recommend it if you are ever in Ashville. Here are a bunch of pictures that we took. The animals were there also. They grow their own beef for the resturants on the estate. And I had a brisket sandwich for lunch and he was "yummy". Then there were the chickens they raised for the eggs. And they had these Angora goats (you can see them in the pictures) that I would love to own. They were so lovable. The house closes around 5:30 but we think it would be cool to go through it at night. They should re-enact that era in time. Enjoy the pictures. Today is a day of trying to get back to our normal routine. In three weeks Gabby will be starting school, oh my.
I will put more pictures in separate posts since it takes awhile for them to load.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember when George had his calf. He made good veal parmigina. Someone has to grew what we eat. What would you do with the goats other than use the fur for your bears.

me again