Wednesday, December 31, 2008

From 2008 to 2009

"Happy New Year"

Well here I sit in my bed writing on this blog with one hour left to 2008. Gary's sleeping on the couch, Grandma's in bed, Gabby and her boyfriend, Tripp, upstairs watching tv, waiting for the New Year. Not very exciting, hey. This year went by so fast, I don't even remember that much of it. Guess I'm getting old. I do know that this New Year brings our son-in-law home in 15 days from his tour. Our daughter Heather has grown into an amazing young woman. To be in a new home and state, by herself, dealing with snow for the first time, the twin doggies and all with her husband being away. We are so proud of her. And then our daughter Patricia, celebrating the New Year with Tom in Florida, having fondue tonight. Boy I remember doing the fondue nights. Seems like yesterday, but it has really been 29 years. Gosh, their all grown up, were the heck has that time gone.
I'm starting to make myself depressed, so I am going to stop. Well I'm really not going to make any New Year resolutions this year because I never keep them. Who really does?
I am going to try and start making and selling my miniature bears though this year. I just joined this new site - ArtFire.com. It is similar to etsy.com, but you only pay a monthly fee and no percentage when your item sell. I will be back to tell you more about it in the coming days.
I have been busy the last two weeks helping get "yes yarn" shop set up in it's new location. Saturday is it's new grand opening. It's going to be bigger and better. It's been fun but tiring.
Well I hope 2009 brings happiness for everyone. Have a relaxing New Year's day!

1 comment:

ramalambadingdong said...

HI DEBBIE!!! I love your blog! See you soon, you did a WONDERFUL job at YY, and I linked to your blog in my post about YY..... maybe you will post a scone recipe?