Sunday, August 10, 2008

Is fall ever coming?????


I thought moving to SC that our summers would be a little cooler. I want fall weather to come. Hopefully in the next few weeks. And a little rain would be nice too. Anyway..........

Here is all the stuff I got at Yes Yarn's 1 year annivesary sale.


I went a little crazy. See the green purse? It is really a knitting bag. I love it. After the week long sale Margaret went on a 2 week vacation and I ran the shop for her. Here is a picture of some of the people at "Knit at Nite".

There were so many people there. But it was great fun. The last of the people left around 9:30. I was surprised that many people came since it was the night of the beginning of the Olympic's.


Paige brought her spinning wheel and tried to show me how to do it. I broke the yarn 3 times and then gave someone else a chance to try it. I would love to learn how to spin yarn............. Some day.


Here is the new project I am working on. (Thanks to "crazy" Kathleen from the quilt shop). They are little "Blue Star" quilts. You hang them in your front window when a family member goes off to war. So I thought I would make one for Heather, Bill's parents and his sister, and one for us. This is the one Kathleen made. I have them all to the point where all I have to do is quilt and then bind them together. I want to get them done this week as I'm not sure when Bill will be called to go to duty. So off the computer to go finish them. Til next time...........Oh and go check out #1 daughters blog, and see what is happening with the evil dolphins.........haha!!!!

2 comments:

Patricia, Tom, Hannah said...

I love all of your yarn that you bought. Oh and the quilt thing is a good idea. How the heck do they quilt it like that, with the star pattern quilted??? I need to know how to quilt my quilt that I have started, cause I have no idea.

Oh and fall isn't until like October!

I can't wait for some pumpkin spice lattes from starbucks, yummy!!!

Diane said...

when fall comes then you will be wanting warm weather. never satisfied. right now i want the rain to go away too much frizz and can't use anything to control it. that spinning wheel looks cool, but too much work.